You have a variety of options and resources for your addiction rehab services in Indianapolis. Finding the best programs or facilities for you or your loved one can be difficult. Do you or they need a residential or outpatient approach? Do you or a loved one need counseling or just detox? When evaluating addiction rehab centers, look for one that provides comprehensive and personalized treatment plans. Landmark Recovery of Indianapolis uses scientifically-backed treatments to address not only the physical effects, but also the mental causes for your addiction. We also support you long after you leave our facility with intensive outpatient programs (IOP).
According to results from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, nearly 1 in 14 Indiana residents currently struggles with some form of addiction. 4 Alcohol is the most abused drug in Indiana, and nearly 1 in 20 Hoosiers suffers from addiction to alcohol. Around 1 in 20 individuals in Indiana report recent abuse of opioid pain reliever medications, 5 and nearly 1 in 136 is afflicted with an addiction to prescription opioids. 4
Around 1 in 33 suffer from an illicit drug addiction. Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in Indiana with nearly 600,000 Hoosiers reporting current marijuana use. 4 According to data from the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services, 1 in 91 Indiana residents meet the criteria for diagnosis of marijuana use disorder. 6
Last year, around 28,000 individuals were admitted to Indiana addiction rehab centers for alcohol and drug addiction problems. 7 Alcohol dependence was indicated in more than a quarter of all admissions, prescription opioid dependence was reported in nearly one-tenth of all admissions, and about one-fifth of individuals seeking treatment indicated marijuana dependence. Methamphetamine was the most widely used stimulant among the treatment population. Nearly 3 in 10 admissions to Indiana addiction recovery centers reported current methamphetamine use, a significantly higher percentage than the national rate 2 (U.S.: 18.6%). Cocaine was the second most frequently used stimulant in Indiana’s treatment population, with one-eighth of addiction rehab center admissions reporting current use.
If you are in the Indianapolis area and struggling to overcome addiction, please do not hesitate to seek professional help. At Landmark Recovery of Indianapolis, your health and total wellness are our only priority. We take a comprehensive and integrated approach to addiction rehab. Our Indianapolis facility offers recovery programs that address the specific physical and mental health issues associated with different drugs of abuse and all treatments are personalized to meet the unique needs of each individual.
Your treatment options for addiction rehab will depend on several factors, including the type of addictive disorder and the length and severity of your substance abuse. Common interventions might involve a combination of inpatient and outpatient programs, individual and group counseling, support groups, behavioral therapy, and medication.
Detoxification is normally the first step upon enrolling in a program at an addiction rehab center. This process involves clearing all traces of addictive substances from your body while limiting the negative effects of withdrawal. A recent study found that almost 80% of detoxifications that take place in treatment clinics use medications to reduce cravings and manage severe symptoms of withdrawal. 8 Landmark Recovery offers a medically supervised detox program to keep you safe and comfortable during detox. Our trained clinical specialists will provide around-the-clock health care and support while closely monitoring you for signs of potentially life-threatening withdrawal complications.
After medical detox, you will transition into counseling and behavioral therapies while working closely with a personally assigned master’s level clinicians. During the therapy and counseling phase of addiction rehab, you will focus on identifying the underlying mental causes of addiction and work to change behaviors and attitudes related to substance use. You will also strengthen life skills and learn important coping mechanisms to help prevent relapse. 9
Our addiction rehab center’s support does not end the day you complete your recovery program. Landmark Recovery will provide you with a comprehensive discharge plan that includes lifestyle guides, coping mechanisms, relapse prevention plans, and referrals for aftercare treatment. You will also have access to dedicated resources including counseling from family therapists, special alumni programming and support groups, and a personal recovery coach who will help you make the transition to self-directed recovery.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Indiana University. (2020). The impact and costs of addiction and substance use disorders.https://addictions.iu.edu/understanding-addiction/impact-of-addiction.html
2) Indiana State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup. (2020). The consumption and consequences of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs in Indiana: a state epidemiological profile 2019.https://fsph.iupui.edu/doc/research-centers/2019-SEOW-Report.pdf
3) Indiana University. (2020). Understanding the Crisis: Addiction affects every aspect of Hoosier life.https://addictions.iu.edu/understanding-crisis/crisis-in-indiana.html#:~:text=Addiction%20affects%20every%20aspect%20of,having%20a%20substance%20use%20disorder.
4) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019). National Survey on Drug Use and Health: 2017-2018 State-Specific Tables, Tables 39-40. Indiana.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2016-2017-nsduh-state-specific-tables
5) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). State and Substate Estimates of Nonmedical Use of Prescription Pain Relievers.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/report_3187/ShortReport-3187.html
6) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019). Behavioral Health Barometer: Indiana, Volume 5: Indicators as measured through the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health and the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services.)https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Behavioral-Health-Barometer-Volume-5/sma19-Baro-17-US
7) Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Treatment Episode Data Set. (2020). Indiana TEDS admissions aged 12 years and older, by primary substance use and gender, age at admission, race, and ethnicity: Percent, 2019.https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/webt/newmapv1.htm
8) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction.https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
9) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: Behavioral Therapies.https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/behavioral-therapies