Landmark Recovery offers effective drug treatment programs that Indianapolis residents are looking for to help in overcoming their substance abuse.
Drug and alcohol abuse are major public health concerns for the state of Indiana. According to data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, during the past month 1 in 8 Indiana residents (aged 12 and older) have used an illicit substance while nearly one quarter of all Hoosiers have engaged in the dangerous practice of binge drinking. 1 Around 1 in 10 Hoosiers currently use marijuana, and in the past year 1 in 22 misused prescription opioids, 1 in 47 used cocaine, 1 in 116 used methamphetamines, and 1 in 200 reported the use of heroin.
A recent study determined that drug addiction has cost Indiana more than $43 billion over the past 15 years. 2 Tragically, the overall toll of drug addiction far exceeds this monetary expense. In Indiana, an average of 5 people die from drug overdose every day, 3 and the number of drug overdose mortalities per year now exceed the number of deaths caused by car accidents. 4 Drug addiction has also led to an increased number of children needing foster care in Indiana, as parental drug and/or alcohol use was the primary cause for almost two thirds of all child removals conducted by the Department of Child Services in 2019. 5
Nearly 400,000 Indiana residents are struggling to control their substance use and currently meet the criteria for a substance use disorder. Unfortunately, less than 1 in 12 of those in need of drug treatment in Indiana received any form of treatment in the last year. 1
When it comes to facing your addiction, give yourself the best chance for success by seeking the right help. At Landmark Recovery, we offer evidence-based drug treatments in Indianapolis provided by licensed and credentialed medical professionals. Because everyone’s journey to recovery is unique, during your initial medical assessment you will be provided with a personalized treatment plan that has been tailored to meet your specific needs. Depending on your substance of abuse, severity of addiction, overall health, and personal life experiences, this treatment plan may include any combination of residential care, partial hospitalization treatment, and outpatient programming.
Detoxification (or detox) is a critical first step to recovery that involves clearing all traces of drugs and alcohol from your system. During this process, which must be completed prior to entering our Indianapolis drug treatment programs, you will likely experience symptoms of withdrawal as your body adjusts to the absence of drugs. These symptoms, which can be both physical and mental, may include: 6
Drug detox is the most difficult part of recovery for many people. This entire process can be extremely painful and uncomfortable, and life-threatening complications like seizures and extreme hallucinations can suddenly arise at any time. Landmark Recovery offers medically supervised detox services that can help your body taper from the harmful side effects of substance withdrawal. Our Indianapolis drug treatment centers provide safety and security while trained clinicians, including internal medicine specialists and psychiatrists, closely monitor you around-the-clock and quickly address any dangerous complications of drug withdrawal. We may also give you specific medications to help relieve the pain, discomfort, and cravings that are commonly associated with withdrawal.
Once detox is completed you will enter into one of our science-backed, proven Indianapolis drug treatment programs which will provide comprehensive medication management and feature a combination of individual, family, and group counseling sessions. Behavioral therapy is an important component of drug treatment that will help identify underlying causes of addiction and teach new habits and behaviors needed to prevent relapse. You will be provided with a network of support throughout your entire journey at our drug treatment center in Indianapolis, as well as the opportunity to participate in support groups, health and wellness education, meditation and mindfulness therapies, and a variety of recreational activities.
If you or a loved one are suffering from drug addiction in the Indianapolis area, please call us at 317-449-8029 to learn more about our Indianapolis drug treatment programs and proven medically supervised detox.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019). National Survey on Drug Use and Health: 2017-2018 State-Specific Tables, Tables 39-40. Indiana.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2016-2017-nsduh-state-specific-tables
2) Brewer RM, Freeman KM. Cumulative economic damages from 15 years of opioid misuse throughout Indiana. Indiana Business Review. 2018;93(1):article 2.https://www.ibrc.indiana.edu/ibr/2018/spring/article2.html
3) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. (2020). Drug Overdose Mortality by State.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/drug_poisoning_mortality/drug_poisoning.htm
4) Indiana University. (2020). The crisis in Indiana: Addiction affects every aspect of Hoosier life.https://addictions.iu.edu/understanding-crisis/crisis-in-indiana.html
5) Indiana Department of Child Services, 2019). Indiana State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup. (2020). The Consumption and Consequences of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs in Indiana: A State Epidemiological Profile 2019.https://fsph.iupui.edu/doc/research-centers/EPI_2019_Web.pdf
6) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). Treatment Improvement Protocol 45: Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment.https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-45-Detoxification-and-Substance-Abuse-Treatment/SMA15-4131