Cocaine, also known as coke, is a popular feel-good drug at parties and big events, but it’s a drug that’s very easy to start an addiction to. Here in Knoxville, Landmark Recovery is dedicated to helping individuals maintain a cocaine-free lifestyle through evidence-based treatment methods including detox and multiple paths of therapy and counseling. We believe in a holistic, person-centered process that aims to achieve lasting recovery in the long term.
Cocaine is a stimulant that’s usually insufflated (“snorted” through the nose). Cocaine is extracted from coca tree leaves and can be either crystalized (known as crack cocaine) or found in powder form. Cocaine makes users aggressive, very alert, and euphoric. These effects can appear individually or are exemplified behaviorally in any given combination.
Ultimately far from the always-feel-good substance, its users claim it to be, there’s evidence that, in addition to commonly understood circulatory issues, cocaine also affects the brain’s ability to function due to long-term use. Strokes and seizures are also prevalent among long-term users because of vasoconstriction which gradually gets worse for users over time.
An average of 1.5 million individuals in America uses cocaine yearly. About 10% of Tennesseans 12+ years old use an illegal substance in an average month. 1.64% of those 18+ years old used cocaine between 2018 and 2019. Over 6% of Tennesseans need treatment for substance use every year, but don’t seek out the help they need. Only 2.78% of drug-using Tennesseans in need of this help ended up seeking out treatment for their substance abuse disorder.
Landmark Recovery should be your first contact for learning more about treatment. Our facilities and staff offer a full continuum of care, including residential and outpatient treatment services personalized to treat you in the way you need. Landmark also offers medication-assisted treatment as needed for severe withdrawal symptoms by our staff. There are currently no approved drugs that directly treat cocaine abuse.
Here at Landmark, we offer medication-assisted treatment for severe cases of addiction. We make sure all your bases are covered during the treatment process by closely watching our patients through supervised detox and therapy.
Stimulants are different from substances like opioids and alcohol due to how they affect the brain. Stimulant withdrawal symptoms take on different forms that present as primarily psychological in nature. They can cause significantly dysphoric and depressive effects that might potentially have lethal ramifications due to altered mental state in the immediate withdrawal period of stimulant abuse.
As of now, there are no medications that have been proven effective at treating cocaine addiction directly, but there are some medications (like Modafinil, which is commonly known as a prescription-only caffeine substitute and narcolepsy medicine) that have demonstrated positive effects in managing or mitigating the effects of stimulant withdrawal. Once the more immediate effects of stimulant withdrawal have passed, a patient can successfully undergo long-term therapy to change and manage their behavioral mindset around stimulant abuse.
Landmark Recovery offers just the kind of service and facilities that those struggling with cocaine addiction need. Our healthcare professionals are specially trained to help you work through managing your addiction and conquering it. Landmark also offers specialized therapy and counseling to examine underlying reasons for substance abuse and can help families work together through having a loved one in treatment.
Give us a call at (865) 448-5174 today if you’re interested in learning more about what Landmark Recovery of Knoxville offers for cocaine detox. We wish to offer the best treatment an individual can get at whatever point they’re in on their journey to full and lasting recovery. Ensuring Tennesseans are as healthy as possible moving forward is our goal, and helping you live your best life is the highest good we can do.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Landmark Recovery. Cocaine Treatment in Lousville.https://landmarkrecovery.com/locations/louisville/cocaine/cocaine-treatment/
2) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: What are the short-term effects of cocaine use?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-are-short-term-effects-cocaine-use
3) Landmark Recovery. Cocaine Treatment in Las Vegashttps://landmarkrecovery.com/locations/las-vegas/cocaine/cocaine-treatment/
4) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). TIP 45: Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment.https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-45-Detoxification-and-Substance-Abuse-Treatment/SMA15-4131
5) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: What is the scope of cocaine use in the United States?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-scope-cocaine-use-in-united-states
6) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021).https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2018-2019-nsduh-state-specific-tables
7) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: How is cocaine addiction treated?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-treatments-are-effective-cocaine-abusers
8) Landmark Recovery. What to Expecthttps://landmarkrecovery.com/admissions/what-to-expect/
10) Modafinil. Drug and Alcohol Dependence (2021).https://www.gwern.net/docs/modafinil/2021-haney.pdf
11) Landmark Recovery. Individual & Group Therapy.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/individual-group-therapy/