Landmark Recovery is proud to offer a full-fledged treatment and recovery service to patients in Knoxville looking for cocaine recovery. We’re always available to assist you in your recovery-related needs. Our mission is to save as many lives from addiction as we can in the next one hundred years. We want to add you to that number so that we can help you get back on your feet.
What is cocaine?
Cocaine, a major stimulant that’s primarily snorted, is a very dangerous drug. It’s commonly seen at parties and clubs and is used as a feel-good drug for young adults. The effects of cocaine are dangerous, and withdrawal can be a grueling process. Cocaine damages your cardiovascular system over a long period of time and causes high blood pressure for long term users.
Cocaine can be tricky to detox from since withdrawal symptoms aren’t the same as alcohol or opioids, which present as primarily physical symptoms. The drug is extracted from the leaves of the Coca bush, giving users a euphoric high that doesn’t last very long. When cocaine users take cocaine, they will continually binge cocaine in order to sustain their high during a single session. Cocaine can also cause seizures and cognitive issues when taken in high amounts over a long term.
Tennessee and cocaine addiction
An average of 1.5 million individuals in America use cocaine yearly. About 10% of Tennesseans 12+ years old use an illegal substance in an average month. 1.64% of those 18+ years old used cocaine between 2018 and 2019. Over 6% of Tennesseans need treatment for substance use every year, but don’t seek out the help they need. Only 2.78% of drug-using Tennesseans in need of this help ended up seeking out treatment for their substance abuse disorder.
There are currently no approved drugs that directly treat cocaine addiction. Landmark Recovery should be your first contact for learning more about treatment. Our facilities and staff offer a full continuum of care, including residential and outpatient treatment services personalized to treat you in the way you need. Landmark also offers medication-assisted treatment as needed for severe withdrawal symptoms by our staff.
Recovering from cocaine addiction
Cocaine recovery is tough but Landmark offers a full continuum of care to walk you through detox, rehab, and recovery. We offer residential and outpatient treatment options to fit your lifestyle after you’ve gone through a detox. We encourage every patient to ensure they follow through with the entire recovery process to maximize their positive outcomes, which is why we offer an alumni program, therapy, and counseling for individuals and groups.
Recovery is possible
Give us a call at (865) 448-5174 today if you’re interested in learning more about what Landmark Recovery offers for treatment of addiction. We wish to offer the best treatment an individual can get at whatever point they’re in on their journey to full and lasting recovery. Ensuring Tennesseans are as healthy as possible moving forward is our goal, and helping you live your best life is the highest good we can do.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: What is Cocaine?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-cocaine
2) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: What is the scope of cocaine use in the United States?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-scope-cocaine-use-in-united-states
3) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021).https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2018-2019-nsduh-state-specific-tables
4) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). Cocaine Research Report: How is cocaine addiction treated?https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-treatments-are-effective-cocaine-abusers
5) Landmark Recovery. (2021). How Cocaine Affects Your Body.https://landmarkrecovery.com/how-cocaine-affects-your-body/
6) Landmark Recovery. (2019). The Dangers of Cocaine Withdrawal.https://landmarkrecovery.com/the-dangers-of-cocaine-withdrawal/