Landmark Recovery is proud to offer a facility that covers opioid rehab services to help you get on the path to a full recovery. Opioid rehab is tough, but Landmark of Knoxville is determined to help you live the life you deserve as an individual. Absolutely no one is beyond recovery: our aim is to give you the resources you need to live beyond your addiction.
Opioids are a type of morphine-like substance that describes drugs made from the poppy plant. This substance category includes heroin, codeine, and oxycodone. Some synthetic opioids exist, like fentanyl, which are extremely powerful and dangerous in lower doses than opium-derived drugs. Opioids bind to the opioid receptors in your brain to block out and numb pain. This is part of why they’re ideal for use in prescription painkillers and abuse.
Opioids will kill substance abusers by lowering the heart rate and making it increasingly difficult to breathe. This can lead to a coma or death in an overdose situation. The current number of deaths from all drug overdoses in the US numbers over 70,000, with fentanyl rocketing up as a massive share of overdose causes. Just under 50,000 overdose deaths are due to opioids.
As of 2019 in Tennessee, over 3% of citizens aged 12 and up have used illegal substances. In 2020 there were over 5 million prescriptions for opioid painkillers in the state of Tennessee alone, with 2,089 overdose deaths reported in 2019. 0.71% of adults had a pain reliever use disorder as well.
Opioid addiction can begin as an addiction to a prescribed painkiller. No one is above the abuse of opioids, especially in the middle of an opioid abuse epidemic. This can turn into a full-blown addiction to opioid drugs that can derail an externally normal-looking life. Managing an opioid prescription properly under a doctor’s supervision is very important due to how easy it is to become addicted.
At Landmark, our rehab process follows the full continuum of care. We offer residential and outpatient treatment depending on your level of medical need; this can include medication-assisted treatment to help wean you off the specific drug you’re having trouble with. Starting with detox, we effectively get an individual on track to achieve a full recovery.
At our facility, there are multiple types of therapy and counseling available during your outpatient or residential treatment that’s tailored to your level of need and lifestyle. Landmark offers 12-step programs and activities for patients to make use of during their time with us to maximize their recovery and introduce ways they can manage their own recovery.
Give us a call at 865-448-5174 today if you’re interested in learning more about what Landmark Recovery offers for the treatment of addiction. We wish to offer the best treatment an individual can get at whatever point they’re in on their journey to full and lasting recovery. Ensuring Tennesseans are as healthy as possible moving forward is our goal, and helping you live your best life is the highest good we can do.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2021). Opioids.https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids
2) Landmark Recovery. Opioid Treatment in Indianapolis.https://landmarkrecovery.com/locations/indianapolis/opioids/opioid-treatment/
3) Landmark Recovery. (2018). What Is Fentanyl?https://landmarkrecovery.com/what-is-fentanyl/
4) Mayo Clinic. (2018). What are opioids and why are they dangerous?https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prescription-drug-abuse/expert-answers/what-are-opioids/faq-20381270
5) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2021). Overdose Death Rates.https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
6) Tennessee Department of Health. (2020).https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/pdo/pdo/data-dashboard.html
7) Landmark Recovery. (2020). How Prescription Pills Become A Heroin Addiction.https://landmarkrecovery.com/prescription-pills-become-a-heroin-addiction/
8) Landmark Recovery. Services.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/