Landmark Recovery is proud to offer opioid treatment at our treatment facility in Knoxville. If you or a loved one is suffering from an addiction to an opioid substance, don’t hesitate to reach out as soon as possible. We’re dedicated to offering the best treatment options possible to anyone who walks through our doors. Opioid rehab can be very tough, but we’re determined to help you and your family move past the struggle of addiction.
Opioids are a type of drug chemically related to morphine and are a term used to describe drugs made from the opium poppy plant, including heroin, codeine, and oxycodone. Some opioids, like Fentanyl, are synthetic. Opioids will bind to the opioid receptors in your brain and block out pain to increase your perception of pleasure. This is what makes them ideal for use in prescription painkillers and perfect for abuse.
Opioids primarily kill substance abusers by lowering the heart rate and making it increasingly difficult to breathe. This can lead to a coma or worse—death. The current number (2019 data) of deaths from all drug overdoses in the US numbers over 70,000, with fentanyl rocketing up as a massive share of overdose causes. Just under 50,000 overdose deaths are due to opioids.
Over 3% of Tennesseans aged 12 and up have abused illicit non-cannabis substances in the last year. As of 2020, there are over 5 million prescriptions for opioid painkillers in the state of Tennessee alone, with 2,089 overdose deaths reported in 2019. 0.71% of adults had a pain reliever use disorder as well.
Many times an opioid addiction begins as an addiction to a prescribed painkiller. This can cascade into a full-blown addiction to opioid drugs that can derail your externally normal-looking life. Managing an opioid prescription properly under a doctor’s supervision is very important due to how easy it is to become addicted to opioid painkillers. Not only are they easy to become addicted to, but they are relatively available to the general population at large because of the frequency of prescription.
To learn more about opioid addiction treatment, call Landmark Recovery at 865-448-5174 to hear about the services and programs we offer to help you live your best life. We can help you live beyond the shame of opioid addiction through targeted therapy and counseling. We offer a full continuum of care that includes residential and outpatient treatment for all needs. Saving lives is our goal!
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Landmark Recovery.https://landmarkrecovery.com/
2) National Institute on Drug Abuse. Opioids.https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/opioids
3) Landmark Recovery. Opioid Treatment in Indianapolis.https://landmarkrecovery.com/locations/indianapolis/opioids/opioid-treatment/
4) Mayo Clinic. (2018). What are opioids and why are they dangerous?https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prescription-drug-abuse/expert-answers/what-are-opioids/faq-20381270
5) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2021). Overdose Death Rates.https://www.drugabuse.gov/drug-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
6) Tennessee Department of Health. (2020).https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/pdo/pdo/data-dashboard.html