Landmark Recovery of Milwaukee is offering marijuana addiction recovery services that are safe and effective. If you’re looking for an effective and robust addiction treatment program, choose Landmark to see the Landmark difference in our patients’ lives. Live beyond addiction today.
Marijuana is a leafy plant called Cannabis sativa. The plant is usually dried and harvested so it can be smoked via joints or bongs. Marijuana is prepared for consumption by harvesting cannabis plants and allowing them to dry or hanging the plants than trimming off the buds once the whole plant is dry. Usually, the buds are cured to make them ready for grinding and smoking after they’re harvested.
Depending on how the consumed cannabis is processed, the THC content can change at different points. For example, resin can contain up to 15% THC. ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol is the chemical that makes marijuana psychoactive. THC is best delivered to the brain via smoking. Ingesting THC is much less reliable for proper delivery to the brain, as the chemical has a tougher time navigating the body’s pathways from the stomach and intestines to the brain. There’s evidence that both CBD and THC can be used to treat epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. CBD has medical potential for anti-anxiety treatment use. “Hemp” is the term that we usually use to refer to the non-smoked varieties of cannabis plant, which have less than 1% THC.
There’s evidence of Marijuana being used entheogenically by the Scythians in Herodotus’s Histories. At low doses, weed can cause both stimulant and depressant effects on the body. When used at higher doses, it primarily acts as a CNS depressant, like alcohol. Marijuana can dull pain in the user via CB-1 receptors and act synergistically with opiates to produce an effect stronger than either morphine or THC alone can. Time can appear to dilate on Marijuana, similar to an effect caused by alcohol intoxication. The reason Marijuana users get red eyes is because it dilates the blood vessels, lowering the blood pressure in the body and speeding up the heart.
Addiction is rare, but it happens more often than people are willing to admit. Despite the erroneously persisting idea that Marijuana is non-addicting, up to 10% of regular long-term Marijuana users will eventually become dependent on the drug. When smoking Marijuana, there’s a risk of psychosis developing in the user. Scientists still aren’t exactly sure what it is that causes the psychosis, but it’s possible it may cause latent psychosis to appear earlier or work best on those genetically predisposed to developing some form of psychosis or schizophrenia. It’s also possible that long-term users can experience a reduction in cognitive ability and/or IQ points.
Landmark Recovery is proud to offer the best in marijuana addiction treatment services to our patients. Outpatient, residential, and partial hospitalization treatment is offered at our facilities, allowing our patients to have multiple treatment paths forward. Medication-assisted treatment is also provided for severe cases of withdrawal to ensure the path to a full and lasting recovery is made easy.
While here, we offer counseling and therapy to treat the root causes of addiction as part of our holistic treatment program. 12-step programs, including AA and NA, are available for patients so they can reinforce their recovery education and build relationships with figures that might help them build accountability and lasting friendships. After you leave our care and supervision, we give graduates access to a nationwide alumni association with as many post-treatment educational opportunities as possible.
To learn more about the addiction treatment services that Landmark Recovery offers in this region, give us a call at 888-448-0302 to discuss what options are available for you or your loved one. Live beyond addiction with Landmark Recovery today.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Leafly (2021). How to harvest marijuana plants.https://www.leafly.com/learn/growing/harvesting-Marijuana
2) Wikipedia. Tetrahydrocannabinol.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol
3) Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction. Cannabis: Inhaling vs Ingesting.https://www.ccsa.ca/sites/default/files/2019-06/CCSA-Cannabis-Inhaling-Ingesting-Risks-Infographic-2019-en_1.pdf
4) National Library of Medicine (2006).https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC2430692/
5) Wikipedia. Cannabinoid receptor type 1.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor_type_1
6) National Library of Medicine (2004).https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14706563/
7) Leafly. (2021). Why Does Cannabis Slow Down Our Time Perception?https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/Marijuana-time-perception
8) National Library of Medicine (2008). Cardiovascular Pharmacology of Cannabinoids.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC2228270/
9) National Library of Medicine (2013). State of the Art Treatments for Cannabis Dependence.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC3371269/
10) Slate Star Codex (2014). MARIJUANA: MUCH MORE THAN YOU WANTED TO KNOW.https://slatestarcodex.com/2014/01/05/Marijuana-much-more-than-you-wanted-to-know
11) Landmark Recovery. Services.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/
12) Landmark Recovery (2021).https://landmarkrecovery.com/