Recovery from alcohol addiction takes time and the right, evidence-based approach. Our skilled team at Landmark Recovery’s Oklahoma City alcohol addiction recovery facility will design a treatment program that suits your needs and helps you know what to expect in recovery.
Although alcohol addiction is a major health problem facing the state of Oklahoma, alcohol remains the most frequently used substance in Oklahoma. According to a recent survey, nearly half of all Sooners (aged 12 and older) report the current use of alcohol. Almost 1 in 4 Oklahomans report recent binge drinking, including more than 1 in 3 young adults (aged 18 to 25). 1 Underage drinking is also an issue in Oklahoma, as nearly 20% of high school seniors report binge drinking in the past 2 weeks while more than 60% of seniors admit consuming alcohol at least one time. 2
Excessive drinking presents many risks for Oklahoma residents. The Oklahoma State Department of Health reports that 119 people died from an unintentional overdose involving alcohol poisoning in 2017, 3 and Highway Safety data from the same year indicate that over 170 people were killed in car crashes that involved a drunk driver. 4 Sadly, almost 15% of Oklahoma high school seniors have rode in a car driven by someone drinking alcohol. 2
It is estimated that nearly 140,000 adults in Oklahoma, about 5% of the state population, are in need of treatment for alcohol addiction.
Unfortunately, many minors in Oklahoma can also benefit from treatment for alcoholism. According to results from the Oklahoma Prevention Needs Assessment Survey, Oklahoma students with alcohol addiction recovery needs include:
1 in 333 sixth graders
1 in 52 eighth graders
1 in 23 high school sophomores
1 in 19 high school seniors
Last year, there were 3,737 admissions to Oklahoma alcohol addiction recovery centers in which alcohol was reported as the primary drug of choice, accounting for 1 out of every 4 admissions in 2019.7 Tragically, less than 6% of Oklahomans in need of alcohol addiction treatment received any form of recovery treatment. 1
Landmark Recovery of Oklahoma City can help you overcome your addiction to alcohol. We offer evidence-based alcohol addiction recovery programs that are personalized to meet your specific needs. Depending on the severity of alcoholism, your treatment plan can include residential care or outpatient services.
Before starting the treatment process, you must first stop drinking and allow yourself to go through alcohol detoxification. During this process all traces of alcohol are cleared from the body in preparation for rehabilitation. For many people, detox represents the most difficult step in recovery from alcohol addiction due to the uncomfortable symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Typically, you will experience the most severe withdrawal symptoms within the first few days of having your last drink.
We strongly recommended that the alcohol detox stage of recovery is completed under professional medical care. Landmark Recovery offers medically supervised detox services at our alcohol addiction recovery center, where we will help you deal with any pain or discomfort associated with alcohol withdrawal. Trained medical specialists will monitor you around-the-clock for any potentially life-threatening complications that may arise, including seizures, extreme hallucinations, and delirium tremens. 8 You may also be given certain medications that can help relieve the pain, discomfort, and cravings experienced during detox.
After successfully completing detox, you will be able to transition into Landmark’s proven, science-backed Oklahoma City alcohol addiction recovery program. An important component of treatment will be behavioral therapy, where we will work with you to identify underlying issues that may be triggering your alcohol addiction. You will also learn new behaviors and ways of thinking to help prevent relapse. Treatment can also include a combination of individual and group counseling, medication management, health and wellness education, mindfulness and meditation-based therapies, and exercise and recreational activities.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019).https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2016-2017-nsduh-state-specific-tables
2) Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. (2019).https://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/documents/State_of_Oklahoma_Profile_Report%20-%202018.pdf
3) Oklahoma State Department of Health, Injury Prevention Service. (2019).https://www.ok.gov/health2/documents/UP_Data_Charts_Tables.pdf
4) Oklahoma Highway Safety Office. (2018).https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/ok_fy2018_ar_mj_002.pdf
5) National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. (2020).https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-use-disorders
6) Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. (2020).https://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/faqs.html#q473
7) Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Treatment Episode Data Set. (2020).https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/webt/newmapv1.htm
8) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015).https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-45-Detoxification-and-Substance-Abuse-Treatment/SMA15-4131