Getting professional treatment for your substance abuse is important, but how do you know which substance abuse rehab center is right for you? Landmark Recovery offers evidence-based, personalized rehab programs.
Substance abuse entails the use of psychoactive substances, such as drugs and alcohol, in ways that are not intended or recommended. This harmful pattern of substance use can cause many health problems and will often lead to addiction, a complex disease that affects brain function and behavior. Some of the signs and symptoms of addiction include:
Oklahoma’s substance abuse problem has evolved into a public health crisis that costs the state nearly $7 billion annually in expenses related to health care, public safety, social services, and lost productivity. 1 More than a quarter million Oklahomans currently suffer from some form of drug or alcohol addiction, 2 and nearly 1,000 Oklahomans die every year from accidental drug overdose. 3
Oklahoma leads the nation with the highest rate of prescription opioid misuse,4 and 1 in 143 Oklahomans currently suffers from an addiction to prescription opioids.2 Nearly 1 in 4 Oklahomans report binge drinking within the past month, and around 1 in 17 Oklahoma residents is battling alcoholism. 2 Oklahoma law enforcement describes methamphetamine as most significant drug-related threat facing Oklahoma,5 and 1 in 94 Oklahomans report using meth within the past year. Around 1 in 13 Oklahoma residents are current marijuana users, while 1 in 51 report past-year cocaine use and 1 in 294 report past-year heroin use. Overall, nearly 1 in 34 Oklahomans is afflicted with an addiction to some type of illicit drug. 2
There is a significant need for substance abuse rehab among Oklahoma residents. Although there were around 14,000 admissions to Oklahoma substance abuse rehab centers in 2019,6 the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimates that there are at least 234,000 Oklahomans who needed but did not receive any form of treatment last year.
Are you searching for science-backed substance abuse rehab in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas? If so, Landmark Recovery’s locally based rehab center provides specialized substance abuse programs for the treatment of different types of substance abuse and addiction. Our substance abuse rehab center also offers a medically supervised detoxification program (medical detox) that can safely manage the dangerous symptoms and cravings associated with drug or alcohol withdrawal.
We offer a diverse range of substance abuse rehab programs, ranging from residential treatment to an intensive outpatient program. Residential rehab programs are the most intensive form of treatment and provide around-the-clock services in an inpatient setting. Our intensive outpatient program provides treatment outside of a residential setting, giving you the freedom to continue working and living with loved ones during recovery.
Landmark Recovery of Oklahoma City substance abuse rehab programs are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client based on the nature of their addiction and the presence of any co-occurring mental health disorders. If you suffer from mental illness, we will be able to provide comprehensive dual diagnosis treatment that simultaneously addresses both your addiction and mental disorder.
Our evidence-based substance abuse rehab plan typically includes medical detox, the administration of medications to address withdrawal symptoms and cravings, individual and group counseling, behavioral therapies, and aftercare planning to help you maintain your sobriety. While participating in our substance abuse rehab in Oklahoma City you will regularly meet with a master’s level licensed therapist at least once per week. You will also participate in a variety of behavioral therapy sessions aimed at promoting healthy life skills and modifying attitudes and behaviors related to drug addiction. Depending on your individual needs, these behavioral therapies can include:
Whether you’re exploring treatment for alcohol or drug abuse for yourself or for someone you love, you will likely have many questions about the rehab experience. Please call us at 405-896-8426 for a free consultation with a professional substance abuse counselor. We will be happy to answer your questions and discuss which of our substance abuse rehab programs can best meet your specific needs.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. (2020). How serious is the substance abuse problem in Oklahoma?https://www.ok.gov/odmhsas/faqs.html#q473
2) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2019). National Survey on Drug Use and Health: 2017-2018 State-Specific Tables, Tables 83-84. Oklahoma.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2016-2017-nsduh-state-specific-tables
3) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. (2020). Key Health Indicators: Oklahoma.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/oklahoma/ok.htm
4) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). State and Substate Estimates of Nonmedical Use of Prescription Pain Relievers.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/report_3187/ShortReport-3187.html
5) Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. (2020). Oklahoma Drug Threat Assessment 2020.https://www.ok.gov/obndd/documents/Oklahoma%20Drug%20Threat%20Assessment%2C%202020.pdf
6) Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Treatment Episode Data Set. (2020). Oklahoma TEDS admissions aged 12 years and older, by primary substance use and gender, age at admission, race, and ethnicity: Percent, 2019.https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/webt/newmapv1.htm