Landmark Recovery of Richmond is proud to offer an alcohol detox program to patients in Virginia and beyond. Landmark offers safe, effective, and affordable treatment to all individuals that walk through our doors. Let us be your first choice in seeking to live beyond your alcohol addiction.
Beer, liquor, and wine are all types of alcohol that people drink. For regular drinkers, there’s a severe risk of developing the liver disease if the amount is excessive. Almost 15 million Americans have an alcohol use disorder. Anything over the recommended two drinks for men and one for women per day is defined by the CDC as excessive drinking. Binge and heavy drinking are both types of excessive drinking, in which binging are 4 or more drinks in a few hours, and heavy drinking is anything beyond that.
About 95,000 people die every year from alcohol-related causes. Alcohol is a fine substance to drink if moderation is the key. If moderation is key, then a healthy relationship with alcohol can be maintained.
In Virginia, alcohol use hovers around 55% for all age groups above 18 years of age. In terms of alcohol binging, about 22% of all Virginians above the age of 12 participate in this harmful behavior. The worst offending group are those between the ages of 18 to 25, who drink at a rate of 58.33% and binge drink at a rate of 36.08%.
Just over 16% of residents excessively drink in Virginia, making it the 15th most sober state in the country. Being a mostly sober state doesn’t make it zero percent drunk, though. About 5% of all Virginians have an alcohol use disorder, and 5.26% need treatment but simply won’t seek it out. If you’re struggling with a dependence on alcohol, don’t be afraid to reach out—we don’t judge at all.
At Landmark Recovery, we offer both residential and outpatient services depending on your level of medical need during alcohol detox. Therapy and counseling are offered as they’re extremely important to make a full recovery; we believe that the root causes of addiction should be addressed and treated properly in a holistic environment. Alcoholics Anonymous is available at our facilities for your needs to ensure you have the proper support during your time with us. We offer a national alumni program to ensure you maintain your sobriety after leaving our care.
Medication-assisted treatment is available for patients with severe withdrawal symptoms during alcohol detox. You may be offered different types of MAT, including the Sinclair Method, in which you take a pill shortly before being in a situation where alcohol may be present. Our treatment methods are evidence-based and rigorously chosen by our team of medical staff.
Want to learn more about the kinds of treatment that Landmark Recovery offers? Give us a call at 804-599-3473 today. Our team is ready to jump when you say the word. We want to save as many lives as possible in the next hundred years, starting with you. Live beyond your addiction with confidence.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Landmark Recovery.https://landmarkrecovery.com/
Landmark Recovery. Services.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/
3) Landmark Recovery (2019). What Is ETOH?https://landmarkrecovery.com/what-is-etoh/
4) Alcohol Use (2021). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm
5) Landmark Recovery (2021). Alcoholism Vs. Alcohol Addiction.https://landmarkrecovery.com/alcoholism-vs-alcohol-addiction/
6) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2021).https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/faqs.htm#excessivealcohol
7) National Institute on Drug Abuse (2021). Alcohol Facts and Statistics.https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics
8) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). 2018-2019 NSDUH State-Specific Tables.https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2018-2019-nsduh-state-specific-tables
9) America's Health Rankings. (2021). Excessive Drinking.https://www.americashealthrankings.org/explore/annual/measure/ExcessDrink/state/VA
10) Landmark Recovery. Residential Treatment Center.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/residential-treatment/
11) Landmark Recovery. Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/intensive-outpatient-program-iop/
12) Landmark Recovery. 12 Step Program for Addiction Recovery.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/12-step-program/
13) Landmark Recovery. Individual & Group Therapy.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/individual-group-therapy/
14) Landmark Recovery. Alumni Program.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/alumni-program/
15) Landmark Recovery. Medical Detox.https://landmarkrecovery.com/services/medical-detox/
16) National Institute on drug Abuse (2018). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) Alcohol Addiction.https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/pharmacotherapies/alcohol
17) Oxford Academic. (2001). Evidence about the use of naltrexone and for different ways of using it in the treatment of alcoholism.https://academic.oup.com/alcalc/article/36/1/2/137995