Landmark Recovery of Louisville’s Alumni Program
Why Alumni Programs Matter
Addiction treatment goes far beyond learning how to detox your body from drugs. Think about the word “Recovery” for a moment. Anytime you’ve experienced a traumatic experience and needed to recover, how long did that take? Were you able to cope with the emotional pain and stress from the incident by yourself?
The best inpatient drug rehab centers know that recovery is ongoing, and the need for guidance, support and resources doesn’t stop after thirty days of treatment. An increasing amount of research demonstrates that people are less inclined to relapse when they have access to post-discharge educational groups and community engagement.
The Need for Quality Recovery Services Lasts a Lifetime
Alumni groups are special because they allow members the opportunity to connect with others who have a shared history. Read more about the value of alumni groups in Social Support in Substance Abuse Recovery and Community Re-entry.
Being able to connect with others in recovery is essential because at the core of each one of us is the fundamental need to bond with other people. The saying that most of us have heard, “No man is an island,” is a thousand times truer for someone who has just completed treatment in a drug or alcohol treatment facility.
Think of regaining health after addiction to drugs or alcohol as two halves of a pie. One half is the inpatient treatment received that generally lasts for thirty to forty-five days, and ideally it should be in a top rated alcohol rehab center. The second half of the pie, “recovery” is everything that happens after you leave treatment, and it lasts for the rest of your life!
Two halves, both equally important, but recovery lasts much, much longer. Nothing is more important than surrounding yourself with supportive alumni and professionals that “get you” and are there to throw a lifeline during times of self-doubt or distress.
What Sets Landmark Recovery’s Alumni Program Apart From the Rest
- Direct access phone number to a dedicated alumni support person
- Streamlined access to additional resources pertaining to sober living houses, AA/NA meetings and immediate guidance when the urge to relapse strikes.
- Monthly alumni meetings with a Certified Life Coach. Read about him at Goya Life Coaching.
- Learn strategies on how to rebuild broken relationships, get along better with peers and gain self-confidence through activities that reveal personal strengths
- Weekly alumni therapy groups with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Newly sober individuals need regular opportunities to the discuss stressors and triumphs. Personalized guidance is provided by a seasoned expert in the fields of Substance Abuse and Social Work.
- Weekly Smart Recovery meetings
- Smart Recovery teaches people how to utilize self-empowerment strategies and tools. By understanding self-deflating thought-patterns and destructive behaviors, people in recovery can lead healthier and more balanced lives. Read more on Smart Recovery.
- Weekly AA and Al-Anon meetings
- At Landmark Recovery we believe that addiction is a family disease. Alcohol rehab centers need to treat the entire family unit in order to provide comprehensive services. Landmark Recovery provides on-site AA and Al-Anon meetings. These meetings are conveniently held at the same time each week and provide ongoing recovery education to alumni and their loved ones.
Recovery does not stop as you walk out the door, our program guides you through life’s most difficult obstacles. Check out our wonderful alumni testimonials. Become the next success story!