Each patient’s journey at Landmark begins with a comprehensive medical and psycho-social assessment lasting 3-5 days designed to determine whether a diagnosis of chemical dependency exists. At the end of the testing period, Landmark’s professional staff meet with the patient and family members to review the findings and recommend an appropriate treatment plan. The assessment explores:
- Immediate physical and vital signs assessment to determine whether transfer to a higher level of care, such as a hospital’s ICU, is necessary.
- Blood and urine screenings, medical histories, and addiction assessments to determine whether safe, medically assisted detoxification treatment within Landmark’s facility is necessary.
- Additional testing to determine whether anti-craving medication will be needed.
- Psychosocial analysis and history of substance use to determine appropriate level of treatment, whether inpatient at Landmark, or outpatient at a trusted local partner.
- Existence of any co-occurring diagnoses and whether additional medication or treatment protocols will be necessary to treat them.
Landmark’s medical team is present throughout the treatment process, working with the rest of our staff to address medical and psychiatric elements of addiction treatment. Our services include:
- In person physician or nurse practitioner coverage every day of the year
- 24/7/365 physician or nurse practitioner coverage in-person or by phone
- 24/7/365 on-site Registered Nursing
- Nurse to patient ratio of 10:1
- Chemical Dependency Technician to patient ratio of 8:1
- Seamless fulfillment of all prescriptions necessary to treatment program
- Daily monitoring of vitals and reassessment of needs as treatment progresses