Alcoholism can impact your life in many ways. Sobriety is possible with the right recovery plan. Landmark Recovery of Las Vegas provides individualized addiction treatment plans to help you overcome your alcohol addiction.
According to findings from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, approximately one-half of Nevada residents 12 years of age or older currently drink alcohol and nearly 23% of Nevadans report recent binge drinking (defined as the consumption of five or more drinks on the same occasion). 4 Binge drinking is most popular among young adults, as 31% of Nevada residents aged 18 to 25 engaged in this form of alcohol abuse during the last month. Around 60% of Nevada high school students have tried alcohol at least once and 17% had their first drink of alcohol before the age of 13. 5 6 Nearly 27% of Nevada teens had consumed at least one alcoholic drink in the past 30 days and approximately 3% had consumed more than 10 drinks. 6
Prolonged and compulsive drinking can lead to an alcohol use disorder, an addiction to alcohol more commonly known as alcoholism. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, approximately 6% of Nevadans meet the criteria for a diagnosis of alcohol use disorder.
There were 1,617 individuals admitted to Nevada substance abuse recovery centers for alcohol addiction treatment in 2019, accounting for 15% of all admissions.
Unfortunately, it is estimated that nearly 94% of Nevada residents in need of alcohol addiction treatment do not receive any form of treatment for their addiction.
The first stage of alcohol addiction recovery is detox. All traces of alcohol will be flushed from your system during this critical process, preparing your body and mind for rehabilitation. If you have become physically dependent on alcohol, you will likely experience painful withdrawal within a few days of your last drink as your body adjusts to not having alcohol present. Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal may include: 9
The effects of alcohol withdrawal can be unpredictable and extremely dangerous. Some individuals will have their nervous system go into shock or experience life-threatening conditions, such as seizures or delirium tremens, that can be fatal if not properly treated. 9 To ensure your safety and comfort during the detox process, we recommend detoxing under medical supervision at a professional detox center.
Landmark Recovery’s Las Vegas alcohol addiction recovery center offers a medical detox program that can effectively manage the negative symptoms of your alcohol withdrawal. Our team of clinical specialists provide around-the-clock supportive care and will closely monitor you for any signs of medical complications. We can also prescribe medications that can help reduce cravings and alleviate specific withdrawal symptoms. Prescription medication for alcohol detox may include benzodiazepines, antipsychotic medications, beta blockers and adrenergic medications, anti-seizure medications, barbiturates, calcium channel antagonists, and anti-nausea medications. 9
Once detox is complete and you are deemed medically stable, you will be ready to transition into the therapy phase of alcohol recovery. Landmark Recovery’s Las Vegas addiction treatment center incorporates a variety of proven treatments into our personalized alcohol addiction programs, including individual and group counseling, social support, and evidence-based behavioral therapies. There are also three medications approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treating alcohol addiction that are often used in combination with other forms of treatment during alcohol recovery. 10
Landmark Recovery offers a variety of evidence-based behavioral health therapies to focus on the mental health aspect of alcohol addiction and lead to alcohol recovery. These include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, and contingency management interventions. 11 12 13 Participation in behavioral therapy will help you identify the root causes of your alcohol addiction, change unhealthy behaviors that lead to drinking, and develop coping skills to overcome triggers and cravings that can lead to relapse. 10
Other components of our holistic alcohol addiction recovery program includes support group meetings, health and wellness education, medication management, mindfulness and meditation-based therapies, and a variety of recreational activities.
We can help prepare you to live beyond addiction. Talk to a recovery specialist today.
We never share your information with anyone. Period.
You are never alone. Someone is always standing by when you are ready to chat.
Deciding on treatment can be scary. We understand if it takes you a little while to commit.
1) Nevada Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency. (2018).http://dpbh.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dpbhnvgov/content/Programs/ClinicalSAPTA/Docs/SAPTA%20Needs%20Assessment%202018%20Final%2011-12-18.pdf
2) Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility. (2019).https://www.responsibility.org/alcohol-statistics/state-map/state/nevada/
3) Nevada Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency. (2019).http://dhhs.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dhhsnvgov/content/Programs/Office_of_Analytics/SAPTA_EPI_Profile_Nevada_2019a(1).pdf
4) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020).https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2017-2018-nsduh-state-specific-tables
5) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020).https://nccd.cdc.gov/Youthonline/App/Results.aspx?LID=NV
6) Nevada Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Prevention Agency. (2018).http://dpbh.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dpbhnvgov/content/Programs/ClinicalSAPTA/Docs/SAPTA%20Needs%20Assessment%202018%20Final%2011-12-18.pdf
7) Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Treatment Episode Data Set. (2020).https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/webt/newmapv1.htm
8) National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. (2014).https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/treatment-alcohol-problems-finding-and-getting-help
9) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015).https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-45-Detoxification-and-Substance-Abuse-Treatment/SMA15-4131
10) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018).https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/pharmacotherapies/alcohol
11) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018).https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/behavioral-therapies/cognitive-behavioral-therapy
12) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018).https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/behavioral-therapies/motivational-enhancement-therapy
13) National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018).https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/evidence-based-approaches-to-drug-addiction-treatment/behavioral-therapies/contingency-management-interventions-motivational-incentives